Recruiting and Hiring Instructors
Instructors are faculty with both a teaching and a service component to their workload. People who are teaching but not performing service should be appointed as Lecturers.
- General Process
- Letter of Offer Template: Full Time Instructor(opens in Word)
- Instructor Evaluation Formula that Includes Research MOU (opens in Word)
- Request to Proceed with Hiring Process for Full-time Instructors
- Twelve Month Appointments – Additional Required Paragraph
Related Forms and Procedures:
- Additional Teaching Assignment Allowances for the College of Arts and Sciences
- Instructor Appointment Guidelines (opens in Word)
- Additional Job(opens in Word)Use this letter to request an extra job or course. This letter must be signed by both the home department chair and the teaching department chair.
- Advertising Information
- Appointment Start and End Dates
- Background Check Information
- Benefits information sheet – to be sent with the cover sheet and packet mentioned directly below. (Print off this page https://www.cu.edu/pbs/benefits/ and use it as the screen shot to be attached to the Benefits information sheet.)
- Cover Sheet for Offer Letter Packet – added by the Dean’s office for full-time Instructors (opens in Word)
- Deadlines for Accepted Offer Letters and Requesting Late Approval
- Instructor Appointment Guidelines – Dean’s memo dated 10/18/2011 (PDF)
- Instructor FTE, Percent Time, and Salary Table
- Letter of Offer v. Reappointment Process for Instructors
- Notary Publics Available on Campus
- Oath Requirements
- Overload Course (opens in Word) In a given semester, an overload course may be requested. This letter must be signed by both the home department chair and the teaching department chair.
- Service Suggestions from the College (opens in Word)