Professors of Distinction
Four faculty members have been designated Professors of Distinction by the College of Arts and Sciences.
They are: Alison Jaggar, professor of philosophy and women and gender studies; Payson Sheets, professor of anthropology; Mike Shull, professor of astrophysical and planetary sciences; and Doug Seals, professor of integrative physiology.
The honorific title College Professor of Distinction is reserved for scholars and artists of national and international distinction who are also recognized by their college peers as teachers and colleagues of exceptional talent.
“These professors are highly accomplished scholars with many books, articles and awards among them,” said Todd Gleeson, dean of Arts and Sciences. “They are also superb teachers and mentors to young scholars pursuing their own studies, and the college is pleased to publicly honor them.”
- From photosynthesis, eye health, to food and fuel, professor of distinction to recount her research
- Profs get top college distinction
- Professors Natalie Ahn and Keith Maskus honored
- Faculty standouts named professors of distinction
- Chemist wins university’s highest faculty honor