Jenni Schaefer talks on eating and body image issues
The University of Colorado’s Conference on World Affairs Athenaeum will host a free public talk “Perfectly Imperfect: Eating and Body Image” with internationally known eating disorder expert Jenni Schaefer on Wednesday, November 28 at 7 p.m. The talk will take place in the University Memorial Center, room 235.
Schaefer, whose own eating issues began as a young child, created an approach to the disorder that enables men and women to personify their illness. As part of her own healing process, she named her illness “ED,” short for eating disorder. Her first book, Life Without Ed, turned into a national bestseller, expanding and improving approaches to treating eating disorders. Schaefer is a regular commentator on television shows such as Dr. Phil and Entertainment Tonight. In addition to her books, her writing has appeared in The New York Times and Cosmopolitan.
- Oscar-nominated Director Steve James comes to CU
- ‘Yes Men’ hoaxsters to appear at CU on Feb. 1
- NPR journalist to discuss immigration ‘inaction’
- Pulitzer winner to discuss ‘reclaiming government’
- Nuke expert discusses 'duck and cover' and beyond